Friday, January 8, 2010

Transitional or is it Just Everyday

It all starts in the windows....what will you find inside? This time of year is known as "transitional" in the land of retailers. Big box stores are compelled to push last seasons merchandise out the doors, claiming deep discounts. However we know it's still winter, who are they fooling. I'm not ready to buy tee shirts yet or the leftover- shop worn sweaters from Christmas. I'm sure you're not either. I say feature true blue products....you know the ones we need. It's cold, dry, grey and everyone deserves better.
That's why I have been working now just as hard, if not harder than I did preparing for the holiday season. Some how it seems more challenging than ever to reinvent the shop for the new year.
It's hard to resist the urge to proclaim Spring....It's sorta like when the big box stores proclaim Christmas before Halloween.
I have restrained myself and I'm celebrating winter in the colors and textiles of the season. What better way to do this than to showcase are Classic HiHo products???

Just like in your home we have taken down the holiday decorations and we are not getting the Easter baskets out.
Yes, it's sad packing the holiday away until next year, but there is something about a stripped clean house. You know, uncluttered, feeling refreshed....a true blue simplified version of home. Transitional?...no it's called, calm and embracing the season. It's why so many love this time of year.

3 comments:

Pam said...

your displays are lovely.

Ivy Lane said...

Heidi, So glad to have found your blog! I found you via FB and Jenna...Jenna and I were in college together! I agree with you wholeheartedly about not pushing the next season..I was in retail management for almost 17 years and could not stand it when we started getting Christmas inventory in prior to Halloween!! I think that is what takes the fun out of each season...like when people say they "just want Christmas to be over..".. that stems from retailers putting it out there as early as September..such a shame! I too am celebrating winter!!! I am going to put you on my blog roll so I can keep visiting! Hope you'll stop by my blog and let me know what you think!

I LOVE your shop! looks to be so charming!!!

Happy Weekend!

Jenny said...

Have you had a chance to see what we did at SuzAnna's? So muh fun with a sprung couch and old pictures!!